Monday, September 29, 2008

An Introduction to Who I Am, What I Stand For & Why I Would Like You to Read Me

I realized a few days ago that I have something to say, something that I would like more people than those just in my personal circle to hear. I have an opinion and I want the world to be aware of it, just as I want to be aware of the opinions of others. I believe that in open communication we can achieve peace. That being said I have a few things I would like to make clear before I start writing this and having it read. That being:

A) I will not preach to or at you. The purpose of this is to share my opinions, and they may not necessarily be correct. That’s why it’s called an opinion. I reserve the right to not be judged if in return I do not judge you.

B) I realize that I have led an extremely sheltered life. Being 19 and living in one place in Ohio my entire life, my life experience is almost nonexistent. But, that does not mean I do not know what I am talking about or that I do not have the right to talk about some things. I am always open to hearing about your experiences as they pertain to certain subjects I may mention. I am always open to the advice of those wiser and more worldly than myself.

C) I encourage whoever reads this blog to leave comments, even if it is just read in passing. I am truly interested in what people have to say.

Reading this over it seems to me that I might come off as a little egotistical. Why should you particularly care what I think? Well, maybe you don’t. But as I stated before I believe that in open communication peace can be achieved. So, give me a chance. What have you got to lose?

No comments: